Destination of the Week – Sydney
Our weekly feature, Destination of the week has covered a lot of countries and taken you around the world to get you more information about some of the most exotic and sort out destination for students. This week we look at the most popular city of the world’s 6th largest country Australia, i.e. Sydney.
Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales, and is the most populous city of Australia. This city receives lots of visitors and tourist from international and domestic arena. It’s very well known for its economic growth, commercial significance, as a trade hub and for its vibrant lifestyle, hence it has always attracted domestic and international immigrants. The city enjoys very good weather through out the year with temperature ranging between 15 Degrees to 30 degrees for most of the year. The city is also one of the most popular destinations for international students and is home to some of the top universities in Australia. Here is a list of some of the most popular attractions in Sydney.
- When you go to a continental state what would do you look for to chill? BEACHES! Yes. Sydney is surrounded by beautiful and exotic beaches like Bondi Beac, Manly Beach, Coogee Beach & Palm Beach. So if you are looking for a place to enjoy the Sun and sand, then this is the right place!
- Beaches in Sydney are very comfortable and people friendly for Picnic purpose with electric barbeques, play areas for kids, relaxing shelters for visitors etc.
- One of the most visited places in Sydney is the Opera house. Remember the Opera from the famous Bollywood movie Dil Chahta Hai?
- Overlooking to the Opera house is the marvellous modern structure the Sydney
- There are many other popular tourist destinations like Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Sydney Wild life sanctuary, Luna Park and the list goes on and on.
Why Study in Sydney?
Here comes the most exciting and interesting part. Why a person should choose Sydney? The answer lies here.
Sydney is has many of the top Australian universities, which provide excellent academic courses, facilities and support to international students. Here are some of the Top Universities located in Sydney
- University of Sydney
- University of Western Sydney (UWS)
- Macquarie University Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) Sydney, University of Canberra Canberra-ACT,
- Charles Stuart University (CSU)
These universities are a true reflection of the diversity and quality that education in Australia offers. Australian universities offer a range of qualifications like, bachelors, masters, PhD & pathway courses in a variety of subjects like Business, IT, engineering, creative arts, finance, nursing, marketing, advertising, sociology, sports etc.
Apart from the quality of education, Sydney is very well known for offering good employment and career opportunities. This city accounts for about 1/3 of the employment in Australia’s finance industry with 65% of Australia’s finance industry located here including banks (domestic & foreign), financial services, insurance, funds management and stockbroking firms.
Out of Australia’s 100 top industries, 60% of them are headquartered here!
It’s Central Business District (CBD) is the largest office market in Australia offering 4.6 million m2 of office space with most of the demand coming from the finance, legal and services business sectors.
OUT OF THE ‘STUDY’ BOX
Sydney is not all about studies and work, there is a lot more one can do in the city…..
- Rugby is the most popular sport in Sydney and The NRL which began in Sydney in 1908 is the largest and most prestigious domestic rugby league competition in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Cricket, again is one of the most exciting sport worldwide, is the most loved sport here. And guess what! The city will host games in the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
- Be it sport or tourist spots, Sydney hasn’t left any popular aspect behind. So how can it leave the film industry? It has become the playground of Hollywood stars, including Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Justin Timberlake, Sylvester Stallone, Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez.
- Be it Hollywood or Bollywood, Sydney has never escaped the eyes of the directors of the great movies like “You, Me and Dupree” and “Finding Nemo”. Over 229 films have been set in, or featured in this amazing city.
- Sydney’s fish market is the third largest in the world, heaven for seas food lovers.
- Sydney has a very diverse population and has the 7th largest percentage of foreign-born individuals in the world.
So do you still think you will have any reason to not include this city in your list? If not then contact Study Smart Overseas Education to find out more about Studying in Australia with Top Universities in Sydney