University of the Week – University of Warwick
The University gained its approval of establishment in the year 1961 and is now sprawled over an area of 700 acres, between the County of Coventry and Warwickshire, the birthplace of Shakespeare. With over 17,000 students from over 125 countries, the University has gained a considerable reputation over the years. The intake that the Warwick Medical School saw, in 2010, made it the largest intake in the entire country. The University has 29 academic departments and over 50 research centers and institutes for Arts, Medicine, Science and Social Sciences. It is one of UK’s leading research universities. The motto of the University, which they justify with every passing year, stands to be: Mind Moves the Matter.
Ranking: World over, the University remains around the Top 100 consistently. In UK, the University has successively maintained its position in Top 10 for many years now and its ranked in the top 5 for many subjects. As per the current UK University League Table 2014 the University has a overall ranking of 6 in the UK.
Why Study At Warwick?
- Dynamism: You just cannot miss this factor. The most glaring thing about the University is that here academics need to be relevant and creative. It was this factor, which made Former British PM Blair to hail it as “the beacon among British Universities”.
- Global Opportunities: This is quite a mouthful, literally. From Australia to the University’s own base in the Palazzo Pesaro-Papafava, there are many regional centers and partner Universities where a student can go.
- Career Oriented Education: Whatever you have chosen to study, you can be sure that you will not only gain career-oriented academic qualification but also the necessary training to help you tackle the basic work-related problems. What more? The University is a top target for graduate employers.
- Sports and Culture: Not all is “Studies” and, trust us; studies are not “dull” there. However, you may join the University’s large sports center and the many societies. Like we said earlier, “Dynamism” is the word that goes here.
- Scholarships: This is a long list. There are so many scholarships to be gained here that it, sometimes, becomes impossible to believe it. However, they genuinely offer the scholarships.
The Strategy-Vision 2015 launched in 2007 has made the University partner with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, for exchange-research-projects and internationalization. Sincerely, Warwick is one of UK’s biggest success stories. They are driven academically and possess and entrepreneurial spirit. It is, definitely, not your traditional university. From the staff to the alumni list, the University reeks of one word; “Impressive”. And… Ahem! The present Chancellor of the University is a former Director-General of CBI. No kidding!
For more information about studying in UK you can visit the University website http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/ or contact us. Our overseas education consultants will be able provide you with all the necessary information, help you with the application and Visa process.
For more on latest trends in the overseas education industry follow our blog.