University of the Week- University of Aberdeen
In 1860, Scotland, two of the country’s ancient universities merged to create one university that carried the legacy and principles of both while being focused upon the future. The legacy thus created is 500 years old; giving a University that is steadily progressing towards creating a future.
The University of Aberdeen is the third-oldest university of Scotland and the fifth-oldest in the English-speaking world. Mixing the old world charm with modern buildings, the University’s iconic buildings act as symbols of the City of Aberdeen. The original buildings are much admired for their architecture. There are about 14,000 students, from under-grad to doctorate level, and about 10-15% of those are international students representing 120 countries. In 2012, the university offered over 650 undergrad programs with a number of those offering industrial training or study abroad options.
Why Study Here?
- Employability: About 97% of their graduates enter well-paid jobs over the course of six months from the date of graduation.
- Too Many Things Together: Over 150 clubs, their own radio station, weekly newspaper, one of the largest libraries in Scotland, largest wireless campus in Europe and a 28 million Pounds Olympic standard sports center in the pipeline.
- Aberdeen: The Energy Capital of Europe, the Granite City, the city with a booming oil and gas industry. These are just a few of the reasons why you should consider Aberdeen seriously. The city has its own golden beach, museums, galleries and a lively social nightlife. It is a 13 time winner of the “Britain in Bloom” Award.
- Personal Touch: The University’s Student Support is considered to be among the top best in the UK. It is, definitely, one of the factors why you should be here.
- International Exchange Programs: The University has tie-ups with some amazing names from UK, Europe, North America, Hong-Kong and Japan. Many of the courses would require you to study abroad, with their partner universities.
There are some big names from the political, administrative and philosophical world, who are graduates of this University. The University of Aberdeen, to its credit, has the honor of 5 Nobel Prizes. It would be enthralling to be a part of such legacy, don’t you think? Feel free to get in touch.
Study Smart Overseas Education is one of the Top Overseas Education consultants in Delhi for UK/London. We have helped thousands of students looking to Study Abroad in UK get admission in some of the Top Universities in UK and easily get their student Visa for London, UK.