University of the Week – University of Liverpool
In the late 1800s, there were six civic institutes founded in the major industrial hubs of England. All of those institutes gained a “University” status before the First World War. One of those Universities, now, is in a UNESCO World Heritage Site- Liverpool. We bring to you, this week one of the Top Universities in UK, the University of Liverpool.
Let us talk about the city, first. Anybody familiar with the English Premiere League would call this city the Home of Kops. The city holds Football dear. It holds its students dearer. Out of the 450,000 people living in Liverpool, 50,000 are students from which close to 20% are international students studying abroad, experiencing excellent work opportunities and one of the lowest costs of living in the whole of UK.
The University of Liverpool which is on of the top UK Universities was founded in 1881. It comprises of three faculties and is organized into 35 departments and schools, teaches over a 400 programs in 54 subject areas, and offers over 230 degree programmes. In 2006, the University established an independent university in China and made it the first Sino-British University. It is a founding member of the research-intensive Russell Group and the N8 Group. The University Management School is AACSB accredited.
There are around 17,500 under-grads and 4,000 post-grads in the University, making the student population to be around 22,000. The University is ranked amongst the top 100 in the world and top 30 in the UK. If you are looking to Study in UK, University of Liverpool should surely feature on your shortlisted UK universities.
Why Study at the University of Liverpool?
- The Firsts: The University is in the Top 1% of the world. It is the first University in the UK to establish an independent university in China. It is the world’s first university to establish departments in Oceanography, Civic Design, Architecture and Biochemistry.
- Legacy: The University is an original “Redbrick” University and has produced Nine Nobel Laureates. It is the third best place in the world, outside the U.S.A. for postdoctoral research.
- Employability: The University sends over 90% graduates in Employment or Further studies within six months.
- Satisfaction: University of Liverpool is ranked First out of the fifteen Russell Group institutions for satisfaction with living-costs, financial support, assessment, etc.
- Liverpool! : In 2008, the city was designated as the European Capital of Culture. It is the home of the two of EPL’s biggest clubs- Liverpool and Everton- and The Beatles. It has more student clubs and bars than most student destinations in UK and most listed buildings than any city outside London.
Excitement and safety make a welcoming blend for the students in the city of Liverpool. As for the University, they have their own dedicated Student Support for international students. The Liverpool Guild of Students is the University’s Students’ Union and is the largest in the UK. You will never fall short of social events, group activities and opportunities to build new friendships. The campus is just a walk away from the main city, if you want a vibrant night-life. On campus, you have every facility; from football and hockey to windsurfing, dance and sky diving. Their libraries are state-of-the-art and well-equipped. Undergraduates in many areas of study can go for studies in other parts of the world, for a stipulated time.
Scholarships for Indians
The University has five scholarships on offer for the under-graduates, post-graduates and doctoral candidates.
Liverpool has the reputation for being the city of passion, independence, inventiveness and a good life. The University of Liverpool is a testimony for all of these. To be a student here would be one of the best things to choose in life. We at Study Smart Overseas Education hope to help you in your pursuit. Ping us for expert overseas education counseling and visa support.