Study abroad in Brighton, UK
The University of Brighton is a thriving multi-campus University on the south coast of England. The university has a longstanding focus on practice-based and professional education; all undergraduate courses provide opportunities for work-related learning with many offering additional professional accreditation and extended work placements. The university assesses applications on merit and a wide range of individual achievements are considered. This means that when assessing students’ potential, exam grades are considered alongside other factors such as family background, work experience and personal circumstances.
Watch this video to look closely at what current students think about their university life.
- The university’s focus is on enabling students to apply what they learn to real-life situations and challenges, developing the knowledge, skills and experience they need to make a positive difference to society and their chosen field when they graduate.
- There is a focus on inquiry and research-led learning to support the building of practical skills, confidence and independence.
- Equipment and facilities replicate industry and professional environments, enabling students to develop specialist skills that will benefit them long after they graduate.
- University of Brighton teaching staffs combines teaching, practice and research.
- All of Brighton’s 140 undergraduate courses offer flexibility through optional modules, placements and opportunities to specialize, allowing students to tailor their learning to their individual career aspirations, and pursue their interests.
- Many courses in the same subject area share 1st-year modules, enabling students to explore different areas of the subject before deciding on a final degree path.
- All undergraduate courses include opportunities for work-related learning. Depending on the course this could be through 1 or more short placement opportunities, volunteering in the community or a salaried placement year.
Student Services and Facilities
- Students have access to libraries, media centers, computer rooms, campus-wide Wi-Fi and student centre, the university’s online learning environment.
- The university is committed to continuously investing in equipment, facilities and buildings. More than £100 million has been invested in the past 10 years including a new advanced engineering building, a podiatry hospital, flight simulators, human movement labs, a dispensing pharmacy, prototyping facilities, and clinical skills facilities including ambulance and midwifery suite simulations. There are also studios, exhibition spaces and specialist equipment for architecture, design, fine art, fashion, textiles photography and media courses.
- Student welfare is supported by dedicated teams across areas including accommodation, finances, careers advice and well-being.
- 100% of Brighton’s undergraduates are able to do assessed work-related learning as part of their course.
- Work placement companies include American Express, British Airways, Channel 4, IBM, the NHS, Nike and Rolls Royce.
- Many of our courses are accredited by professional organizations. This may mean that students are licensed to practice (eg as a nurse), are eligible to apply for membership of a professional body, or are exempt from professional exams.
- Partnerships with business, employers and professional bodies contribute to course development and teaching.
- Students can develop their employability skills through career forums, mentoring, entrepreneurship and volunteering schemes.
- Support is available for all disabled students, whether they have dyslexia, specific learning difficulties, mental health issues, hearing impairment, visual impairment, mobility impairment or any other long-term medical condition.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Brighton Students’ Union offers over 100 student-run societies, around 60 sports clubs and a range of other activities where students can make friends, visit new places and build a wealth of experiences.
- There are also opportunities to gain experience by volunteering to become a course rep or get involved in student campaigns.
- The Students’ Union creates a diverse events program every year, from cinema and club nights to black-tie balls, as well as helping societies to hold cultural and religious events for festivals such as Eid, Diwali, Hanukkah, Chinese New Year and Christmas.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Many full-time students work part-time while they are studying at the University of Brighton.
- The university’s Vacancies Service is an online jobs database which advertises part-time and holiday work, including university-based roles.
- There are careers centers on each university campus which can help students find a job and provide career guidance.
- Career Development Advisors are available to give practical help with CVs, job applications and preparing for interviews. They can also help arrange professional mentoring.
- Practical careers guidance is complemented by the university’s career-focused approach to learning. Students benefit from opportunities throughout their course to build real-world experience and transferable skills through project work, volunteering and placements.
Study in Brighton UK without tensions
Studying in UK should be an enjoyable and fun- loving experience for you. We here at Study Smart help you to make your study abroad in the UK a hassle-free one. Our friendly foreign education consultants in Pune & Delhi are British Council certified and they have either studied or worked abroad. You can meet our team of student-oriented overseas educational consultants UK in Pune at our office opposite Wadia College. Our team of skilled study overseas consultants gives you accurate information to application and admission procedures to colleges in the UK. They help you with financial scholarships to the top universities in UK like Brighton, accommodation, financial management and other matters related to study overseas in the UK.
Drop in and meet our expert team of study abroad consultants for the UK at www.studysmart.co.in