IELTS or International English Language Testing System, grades the English language skills based on four fundamental aspects like writing, speaking, listening, and reading. In most cases, online IELTS Preparation means hours of reading and sitting. But in this article, we will share some best tips to boost the online preparation for IELTS. These below steps will assist in preparing you for the exam and also ace it.
Read and Read more
It will be best if you have an incredible English to English dictionary to find out the meanings of the unfamiliar words. However, the following checklist will help you in the process.
- Ensure, you know what it requires in every reading task
- Scam and skim the text to create a general picture
- Follow all the instructions carefully
- Remember to find out the primary vocabulary in the text
- Work on the text organization
- Do not check the dictionary until you complete all the task to check the answers
- Read English newspaper in the morning
Study the Vocabulary
The teachers ask the students to put proper words into the context as quickly as possible. They can do this by reading the text often. The more new words you are exposed to, the better will be your vocabulary. While reading, pay close attention to the new terms and underline or highlight them with a marker. Try to figure their actual meanings from the supportive context.
Then check up for the actual meanings in the dictionary. Listen to the challenging materials like English news so that you can encounter many new words. Once you have learned the new word along with its meaning, try to practice using it in different sentences. Implementing new words will help you understand the language fluently. You can practice the vocabulary in the following ways.
- Record phrases and expressions to use in different academic contexts
- Use a monolingual dictionary to check out the proper arrangement of the words
- Record meaningful and useful expressions related to any topic
- Do not implement too many complicated words
- Practice writing and talking in English
- Read magazines, newspapers, and websites to learn more
Improve your writing skills
Recording of words is a consistent part of the preparation for the IELTS test. Compose a sentence and a definition, using a word to check it later for future reference. For example, the term “immense” means tremendous which has a comparable meaning to the words enormous, colossal, and expansive. Below are some of the tips to improve your writing skills for the IELTS exam.
- Practice writing with time to enhance your speed
- Task 2 writing exam of IELTS includes more marks and is longer, so leave sufficient time for it
- Do not finish the answers below the minimum word limit
- Analyze the questions carefully before answering
- Leave extra time to edit the answers
- Check if you correctly answered all the parts or not
Practicing Listening Skills
You can upgrade your English listening skills by paying attention to the news and write the headlines down to analyze it later for yourself. The below tips will help you prepare for the listening module of IELTS.
- Use the preparation time to focus on the content
- After answering the questions, listen again and find out the errors
- In the exam, you can hear the recording only once, so remember not to pause the recording during practice
Exercise Pronunciation and Fluency
The speaking segment consists of three parts of a brief introduction, structured interview, and frees to talk. Consistent practice is the primary key to success in this segment of IELTS. To improve pronunciation and fluency the below tips will help you.
- Practice talking to a friend for at least 10 min regularly
- Record your speech while speaking
- Talk loud in English whenever possible with new phrases
Wrapping it Up
The tips mentioned above will surely assist you to be ready for the IELTS exam. However, your success in the test will depend on your practice and commitment. A combination of these two, along with hard work, will offer you a splendid chance of achieving the desired results in the examination. You can contact best online IELTS coaching institute for more tips and tricks.
How Study Smart will help you for online IELTS Preparation?
Study Smart is premier institute for IELTS Training and Coaching. We are having two modes training – Online IELTS Training and Classroom IELTS Training. You can attend the classes via Zoom platform.
Our Live Online Classes includes live sessions by British Council Certified trainer. You will also get recording of live sessions for revision purpose. Our Online IELTS training is one Stop Solution for Student. You will also get access for Online IELTS portal that includes Grammar lessons, Tips & Tricks by Experts, 120+ hours self learning lessons, mock test – sectional and full length test. We will provide you a hand book designed by IELTS experts covering the entire 4 module – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. All these resources provided by Study Smart will help and guide you to achieve that 7+ Band Score in IELTS Exam. You can contact our experts to understand more about Online IELTS Course.