University of the week – Cardiff University
About Cardiff University
Cardiff University is recognized for providing high-quality research-based university education.Cardiff University was ranked 5th in the UK in the year 2014 for Research Excellence Framework & 2nd for impact. The university not only promotes quality education but it takes active part in sporting activities too. The has attracted international students from all over the world.Since its origin the university was known by a couple of names until 1972 when it was renamed as University College Cardiff now commonly known as Cardiff University. The Guardian University Guide has ranked Cardiff University among the top 100 universities in the United Kingdom & the QS World University Rankings has ranked the university among the top 200 in the world.
ardiff is the capital of Wales and its largest city. With an excellent quality of life and international reputation Cardiff University is located in Cardiff city. It is a combination of small, friendly, inexpensive city. Due to the size of the city it’s easy to travel to the university campus on foot from all major parts of the city. The main campus is centered around Cathays Park in central cardiff. The university has a number of buildings depending upon the courses that are taught at the particular buildings. The architecture of the buildings is a major attraction. The sports facilities is located in the Talybont Halls complex which includes facilities for football,tennis, basketball, badminton,hockey, squash,etc. The Students’ Union in Cardiff University is rated fourth in the UK, according to Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018.The skills hub lets you gain skills so you can add them on your CV.Food courts, venues & live music, student media, etc. often don’t students feel that they’re missing out on something fun while they’re studying.
There’s a wide range of accommodation options available to suit a students preference and their budget. Undergraduates & Postgraduates can either choose an en-suite or shared accommodation. Depending upon the course you’re studying you can choose your accommodation so that it is easier to manage your travel expenses and save time & money. The minimum distance from the place of accommodation to the campus/main building is 0.25 miles and the maximum being 1.75 miles. The basic facilities like food, proper bedrooms, laundry, Wi-fi access, parking,TV(which requires a TV license), etc. are available in almost all the accommodations.
- Joanna Natesagara – She is an Academy Award winning film director who was also nominated for her Documentary Virunga.
- Martin Lewis – Money Saving Expert is an award winning radio presenter, newspaper columnist and author who is also known as the most searched for British man on the internet.
- Susmita Bhattacharya – a poet & short story writer. She has won the Sulekha Short Story Prize & the Plymouth City Council Poetry Prize.
- Richard Parks – He was the first-ever person to climb the highest mountain on each of the world’s seven continents and stand on all three poles (the North Pole, the South Pole and the summit of Everest) within seven months.
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health.
- Engineering & technology
- Arts & humanities. Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- Computer science.
- Physical sciences. Physics & Astronomy
- Business & economics
- Life sciences
How Study Smart can help you
Studying in UK with the guidance of experts who have either lived or studied abroad themselves lets students get a clearer idea about how and what they should be doing in order to make the best of what they’re offered. Study Smart is one of the best study abroad consultants for UK in Delhi & Pune.