Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) is an institute of higher education in Limerick, a modern urban city in the Mid-West region of Ireland and is one of 13 institutes that are members of the Institutes of Technology, Ireland (IOTI). LIT is the fourth largest IOT in Ireland, with more than 6000 full time and part time students and 500 staff.
Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) has consistently been among the best performing institutions in the EU Student Barometer surveys, and with good reason! LIT offers a wide range of programmes across a number of disciplines all geared to today’s employment and enterprise needs; our research income is one of the fastest growing among Institutes of Technologies in Ireland, our campuses in Limerick as well as Tipperary have some of the most up-to-date facilities and we are renowned for success both academically and in the sporting arena.
At LIT we use the term “Active Learning” to describe our educational philosophy; it’s in the way we provide each first-year student with a mentor; the way that teaching is not just done in the classroom, but in the labs, the studios and computer suites. Active learning is hands-on learning; not just learning the theory, but experiencing the practical side of your chosen field. The programmes are also flexible and offered at different qualification levels ranging from certificates to degrees up to postgraduate level.
Watch this video to know more about LIT :
- LIT offers so much choice for International Students – not only with programmes available but with how to achieve what you want out of education. We have internationally recognized qualifications ranging from Higher Certificate to PhD.
- You can get your degree your way! LIT offers both ladder-approach programmes, which means you build up from a base of 2 years for a Higher Certificate, add one more for a Degree, and another for an Honours Degree; and ab-initio programmes which take three to four years straight for an Honours degree – with most of these programmes offering a work placement option.
- LIT’s programmes have been created in partnership with industry, professional bodies and the community to meet today’s national and international employment needs and with the current and future economy in mind. This is a key ingredient and prepares you for the real world.
- LIT has state of the art facilities within a warm and friendly college in a welcoming and friendly city.
- Mentors for all first years, and, national and international work placements.
The mission of the LIT International Office is to promote an International outlook among LIT’s staff and students. This is done by:
- Creating relationships with International Higher Education Institutes which will result in Student and staff exchanges, shared research projects, programme articulations and further academic collaborations.
- Increasing the number of International Students studying at LIT by promoting LIT as a study destination worldwide. Providing orientation and ongoing pastoral support to these students and assisting into the integration into the student body.
- Encouraging all our staff and students to broaden their horizons by considering travelling internationally
The Accommodation Office offers its service on a referral basis, whereby students receive a screened list of housing, from which the required housing is selected at the discretion of the students involved. The Accommodation Office has no further dealings with the students unless they have problems with a particular landlord.
The Library at LIT serves the teaching, learning and research needs of the Institute.
The Computer Services Department (CSD) is responsible for the provision of information and communications technology in the Institute.
Student Health at LIT consists of a Nurses and Doctors Service.
The Institute has five campuses and a learning centre across Limerick city, Tipperary and Clare. The main campus is located at Moylish Park, with two city centre campuses in Clare Street and Georges Quay in Limerick city. LIT in Tipperary is based on two campuses -Thurles and Clonmel. The LIT Ennis Learning Centre is based in the museum in Ennis town centre.
LIT has an impressive range of sports facilities for students, including three full-size pitches and an all-weather playing pitch, as well as a fitness centre and indoor sports hall. While development of sports facilities is on-going at the Tipperary campuses in Thurles and Clonmel, students have access to a wide range of sports facilities in both towns.
For first-year students, in particular, joining a club or society is a great way to make new friends and meet people with similar interests and helps to make the transition from school to college easier. Involvement in a club or society also helps you to develop other valuable skills alongside your academic skills, such as leadership skills through committee involvement, experience in event management and much more. The college will introduce you to many new adventures and activities that you may not have attempted previously, whether that’s kite-surfing, rock climbing or insanity training!
Study in Ireland with experts!
If you are keen to pursue your Bachelor degree or Masters in Ireland, ensure you have skilled and experienced overseas education consultants in Pune and Delhi like us to guide you. We at Study Smart understand your unique concerns and questions, this is why we help you all the time. We are Education Ireland certified overseas education consultants for Ireland and ensure that you receive the best care and guidance when you are preparing to relocate.
We have our offices in Pune and Delhi and our study overseas in Ireland experts meet you individually to discuss your concerns and queries. Our Pune office is located opposite Wadia College. Our overseas education consultants Ireland in Pune and Delhi help you with your work/study visa, financial scholarship and admission procedures to top universities in Ireland. Our study overseas consultants for Ireland have either lived or studied abroad. To meet them,
Please visit www.studysmart.co.in